|Frozen movie inspired birthday cake|
Missy is turning 5 and as the movie Frozen is all the rage I decided to do a snowflake this year as the birthday cake (and tried to do something easier than years' past, see birthday cake age 1, age 2, age 3, age 4 which it appears I did not upload the photos last year but I made a Chicken 3D standing cake).
|Snowflake design -origami|
Vanilla Packet mix
Blue Food Dye
Silver Hundreds & Thousands and Silver Pearls
|Snowflake design -Silver Hundreds & Thousands|
- Follow cake instructions and add as much blue food dye as needed or alternatively leave vanilla
- Make a snowflake design using paper cut to the circle of the tin, using an origami method to get the design (fold paper and cut, unfold. Tip: Keep design simple and make approx 1cm wide.
- Make icing to instructions and add blue dye -ice cake.
- Place paper lightly over iced cake (alternatively wax proof paper would be better than photocopy paper)
- Sprinkle Hundreds & Thousands over iced cake before icing hardens push down lightly so that they stick. Unpeel design.
- Add sugar large silver pearls for added decoration-push in place.