Sunday, June 2, 2013

Colour Mixing = Colour Theory (Early Childhood)

I get little time to have creative sessions with Missy 3.5 however when I do I try to make that the time I can be a good parent and teach my child stuff. So today was a painting session where I only gave her two colours, and while she was painting, I asked her what colour those two colours made. And then I would repeat with two different colours.  A good focus for the painting session other than just painting splotches was to ask her to paint a circle, and then with a newly created colour, a triangle. I took the opportunity to tell Missy about the Primary colours when she discovered all the colours mixed together creates brown. And at one stage Missy was using two brushes! Using two brush, one in either hand, is good for dexterity, gross motor skills and cognitive learning.

1 comment:

  1. I love the 'brush in each hand' approach! Imagine all the new brain connections happening!

    ReplyDelete

If this post was of help to you or interesting, please leave a comment or general feedback.