Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake

Each year I aim to make a character birthday cake...I'm doing well with it only being the 3rd birthday cake for my girl. You may remember the Rainbow Butterfly Cake for her first birthday and the Lady Beetle Cake for her 2nd birthday. My girl has very much loved the story 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' so I decided for her 3rd birthday this would be her cake.

Using just an ordinary vanilla packet cake mix I added some fresh passionfruit to make it that something different. (Add more than 4 as it wasn't strong enough in flavour).
Get your hands on a ring cake. I used a large and small, but should have used a large muffin cake pan for the head instead. 

What you need:
Ring cake (donut shape)
1 mufflin hole of a muffin tray
Cake mix
Passionfruit (can or approx 6 fruits)
Icing and decorations

Time:
Preparation: 10-15mins
Cooking time: Approx 20-30 mins cake, 15 mins muffin (I have a single element electric oven so things take longer to cook).
Decoration Prep: 30mins or so 
 
Step 2: Create shape

Step 3: Ice cake

FINISHED! The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this post was of help to you or interesting, please leave a comment or general feedback.