Printing - Easy
Thick card stock (A4 size)
Foam Shapes (Or firm 2D materials)
PVA Glue or strong bonding glue
Paint (Printmaking ink or non-toxic acrylic)
Air drying rack
coloured paper for printing
- Collagraph Printmaking is a two part process which takes collage to another level of art making.
- Start with collaging the foam shapes on a thick piece of card (plate). Encourage the child to make a design/pattern or picture (see below for stimulus inspiration).
- Allow plate to dry completely overnight
- Set up the printmaking station with newspaper or tablecloth over the table
- Get the child to roll paint with a roller over the collage
- Get the child to place a piece of paper over the painted plate and "pat pat pat" with their hands all over/ smooth over
- Peel back the paper and peg onto drying rack
Moscow Inspired Collagraphs
Explore geometric shapes with your child through using images of Russian architecture. Have a picture next to the child as stimulus when collaging. Repeat the printmaking process as above.