Scraffito is a design technique where a thick layer of paint is 'scratched' into or incised to leave the negative impressionism. To use this idea for painting with children simple and easy.
- Children's Paint (Crayola Gel Paint, Finger Paintings, Cheap Acrylic)
- Non porous surface (laminate a sheet of paper, use an Over Head Transparency (OHT), Plastic, Glass)
- Children's Paintbrushes
- Apron/ Table cloth
- Wipes or paper towel for clean up
- Clothes Air Dryer to hang prints to dry
1. Paint onto a laminated sheet or OHT (Over Head Transparency)
2. Use your finger to draw designs or write (remember if you are writing words they have to be spelt backwards)
3. Lay the paper over the top of the painting.
4.Smooth over with a clean hand peel back and voila!
|Step 4: Left is the print, Right is the painted surface|