Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blue and Yellow makes Green!

How the wonderment of discovery kids have when they discover something is just delightful. I had two of my nieces visit and of course I encourage all my nieces and nephews in art and craft when they visit, so out I get the paints and a couple of cheap canvases.

I told them they could do whatever they wanted with the paints I had (cheap ones for the kids). I said they could experiement with making colours on paper first before mixing and putting on their canvas. My nieces who are 6 and 9, just about every time came to show me or tell me what colours they had made. They were amazed! It was such a wonderful process that they felt good sharing that new knowledge with me.

Here is what they painted.

6 year old

9 year old (not finished)

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy, this is a great post. Kids doing art! I bet they had a grand time. So good of you to give them the freedom to do creative art in your studio.

    ReplyDelete

If this post was of help to you or interesting, please leave a comment or general feedback.