Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflecting on my Arts Practice 2010

Well what a year 2010 has been. I became a mum for the first time, and while trying to me a mum I (stupidly) held my first solo exhibition, eScapism, in November. It was certainly a challenge, but somehow I got through it. (Probably because I missed out on alot of naps I should of taken). The first few months was ok because bub slept more, then as time got on, and naps became fewer and shorter I found finding the time to paint even more difficult. So I put bubba into daycare 2days a week. This was a godsend as it meant if didn't have to spent as many late nights working on my paintings for the exhibition. 

So I accomplished 12 paintings for my exhibition from large to small. I even managed to paint 2 small postcards for two gallery's annual members auction exhibitions during this time (and I SOLD them!). And when my exhibition was installed, it meant the last two months of the year were free to do my own painting. So my first piece was the Whimsical Bird Tree featured earlier in this blog. Then I was on a roll of creativity, bursting from my seams...I started doing some pen ink drawings, and ink and wash drawing, and a few more painting (4 finished and 2 works in progress).

Visit my gallery here to see the most recent works I painted this year; Whimsical Bird Tree, Oriental Lanterns, Chocolate Cupcake, and Wrapped Sweets. And sold paintings include; Botanical Garden Bridge, Garden Flowers in Vase, Breaking Wave, as well as two paintings sold from my exhibition eScapsim and a commission.

I had two articles published in Artist Palette Magazine; one a feature article on Cell Art Space, the management committee I was a member of, and the second was a feature article on demonstration on me. 

I started my Redbubble and Zazzle store sites. I have bought some products and very impressed by the quality. Great for gifts! Check them out. You get unique products with my original art images on them.

So all in all, completing 16 paintings in a year is a mighty feat to have been a new mum, working part time and having my own exhibition! So I think a pretty successful year of creating art. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Chrissy. You certainly had a busy 2010. Your paintings are beautiful.

    Jimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Chrissy! It's been a momentous year for you all, and a very successful year. I am sure that you'll be repeating it again and again.

    I think your Oriental Lanterns is superb! The light is just so true.

    Bird Tree is gorgeous as well. Here's to many many more!

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

If this post was of help to you or interesting, please leave a comment or general feedback.