Monday, October 25, 2010

Kids Painting

My nieces and nephew were visiting and of course I suggest we do some paintings. So I set up outside on the patio where a mess a be easily cleaned and the least destruction to the house can happen. 

What you need: A drop sheet, paints, glass jars, cartridge paper, paper towel, ice-cream lids (palettes), brushes.

It was just a fun free play time of playing and experiment. There was no preconceived idea for the kids to create a specific thing (and they didn't ask what to paint either which was good). I just allowed them to create. 

*Reminder: Try to use non-toxic and washable acrylic paint. 
Ages: 2.5, 4, 8, 11. 
Duration: 1 hr
Here are the results:






 
Butterfly Paintings:
This activity was instructed as I used it as a good excuse to use up some of my old non usable student paints. I just couldn't bring myself to throw them out years ago, and look, they have come in great to use for painting with kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If this post was of help to you or interesting, please leave a comment or general feedback.